Saturday, 6 October 2007

He's home!

On Thursday afternoon Khadija and our son came back to our home in Horley, arriving in time for tea!


We had spent a family day together at the hospital, since my stepson Aymane had two INSET (In Service Training day for teachers) days Thursday and Friday. Aymane had first seen his new brother during Wednesday evening visiting, for him it is a first to experience such a tiny, helpless little human, so quite an eye-opener for him to be able to see at first hand the love and care which a mother gives her child...


Aymane bonded straight away, and is keen to hold his brother, keep an eye on him while he sleeps, and even says he wants to help change nappies! As for me, I just want to spend all the time I can with him, definitely a case of love at first sight from the moment when I saw the back of his head emerging as I held and helped Khadija in the pushing stage. And I'm proud to say the first two nappy changes were my effort, including the first little fountain during the first change! Before he was born, I'd realised in talking with some friends that like me, his Chinese horoscope is Fire Pig: http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/2007.htm. Since it's a sixty year cycle, twelve years for the signs times five for the elements, that's unusual for a parent/child combination, more common for grandparents. I had wondered whether my feelings would be more like a grandparent than a parent, but now I know: when I hold him I don't want to give him back to anyone.


It is really lovely to have Khadija and Roy Alan at home. We're a bit closer on making the definitive decision for the name, but reserve the right to change! He continues to be calm, Aymane had asked if he could have ear-plugs for the first night at home but in the event didn't need them since his brother only woke a couple of times for feeding, and didn't really cry, just made little noises. We're hoping that will continue!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jim. This is a wonderful news !
    All the best to the whole familly.
    Laurence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jim. Thank you for sharing this wonderful news with us. Best wishes, Nadia Abdelrahman

    ReplyDelete